LapLock™ PSU (HT) Storage & Installation Instructions
| ShingleLock Install
| StormTread Install
Download LapLock Installation Instructions
LapLock™ PSU (HT) should be sheltered from the elements, stored at room temperature, upright in a dry and properly ventilated location. Keep LapLock away from all flames, sparks and volatile substances.
- Install LapLock horizontally (parallel) to the eave using 3” horizontal laps and 6” vertical laps.
- Optimal results are achieved when Installed in temperature’s over 40°F (4.4°C). For temperatures below 40°F (4.4°C) a primer and 3/8” head roofing nails should be used in the overlap area.
- Start installation from the lowest point to the highest point of the roof. Apply LapLock™ in valleys before applying it to the eaves.
- For maximum ice dam protection, we recommend installing LapLock 24” (minimum) past the interior wall from the eave. Consult your local building code/authority for specific regional requirements.
- Repair all holes, including fasteners that have been removed, damage and tears to the membrane with a round patch of membrane extending past the damaged area by 6” in all directions.
- For high wind or wind-driven rain protection it is recommended to cover the entire roof deck.
- For best results, final roof covering should be applied as soon as possible. LapLock™ PSU is not designed for exposure longer than 180 days.
Roofers should make sure to always follow safe roofing practices and OSHA safety requirements. Roofers should always use and wear fall protection devices when working on roofs. Some of the examples are toe boards, rope, harnesses and rubber-soled footwear. Safety glasses should always be worn when cutting the roof with a power tool. Wear gloves when installing to avoid cuts and abrasions.
Use caution when walking or standing on LapLock™ in wet, icy and/or dusty conditions that may reduce traction. Failure to use proper safety gear and footwear can result in serious injury.